Our first CD, FIVE AS ONE, was released on the ConBrio label in the May, 2018 to great acclaim. It features five works for wind quintet, four of which are premiere recordings.
Read the reviews below and see what others are saying about Five As One.
Composers represented on the CD include
- Cecilia McDowall, winner of the 2014 British Composer Award, composed Subject to the Weather for the Prestigne Arts Festival. (premiere recording)
• New Jersey composer Robert S. Cohen was inspired by the playful circus sculpture by the American artist Alexander Calder to compose this fun-filled, colorful and sometimes crazy, day at the circus. (premiere recording)
• Serenade by bassoonist and composer Walter Skolnik exudes playfulness, vivacity as well as a beautiful soulfulness in its five short movements. (premiere recording)
• Quintetto, Op. 10 by Pavel Haas was written before his untimely death in a Nazi concentration camp. This powerful quintet exudes the sounds and images of life in his native Czechoslovakia.
• Philadelphia composer Arne Running created a lush and romantic interlude in his Aria for wind quintet. (premiere recording)